Beta Omega Chapter, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Alpha Kappa Alpha was founded on the campus of Howard University, in 1908 and became America's first Greek-letter organization established by African American college women. After her incorporation as a perpetual body in 1913, Alpha Kappa Alpha gradually branched out and grew from one undergraduate chapter to an international organization with a membership of more than 290,000 college trained women in over 990 chapters in the United States, the Caribbean, Europe, Africa, and Asia. The Beta Omega Chapter was organized on October 20, 1920, by Lorraine Richardson Green, who was the second national President of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., at the Paseo Branch Y.W.C.A in Kansas City, Missouri. The chapter was first known as the Lambda Graduate Chapter and in 1922 the name was changed to Beta Omega. Beta Omega is the second oldest graduate chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha. Through the years, the chapter has worked to achieve the goal of being "supreme in service to all mankind." Beta Omega's community service projects, support of the arts, Debutante Ball, aide to the homeless, college scholarships and other endeavors serve to validate the vision, dedication and integrity of our founders.